One of the worst feelings to experience as a pet owner is a realization that your pet has gone missing. Only 17% of dogs and 2% of cats make it back to their owners—which can make it feel like you’ll never see your pet again if they get lost.
Crossroads Veterinary Clinic offers pet microchipping service to help give you piece of mind. We want to encourage you to consider microchipping your pet, even if they live entirely indoors–because even indoor pets can escape and become lost. Unlike collars and tags, microchips can’t fall off and they serve as permanent identification for a pet’s entire life. Microchips are also rated for 25 years, meaning they never need to be removed or recharged during your pet’s lifetime.
Microchipping a pet is simple, relatively painless and very affordable. Once implanted, authorities only need to scan the chip to locate your information. But remember: a microchip is only useful if your contact information is updated.
We use HomeAgain pet microchips, a tiny device that provides your pet with permanent identification to give them the best chance of coming home.
Learn more about HomeAgain:
- HomeAgain National Pet Recovery Database
- Your pet’s microchip ID number will be permanently registered in the HomeAgain National Pet Recovery Database, along with your contact information. Always keep your contact information up to date. Updates are always free.
- Lost Pet Specialists
- The HomeAgain call center staffs around-the-clock Lost Pet Specialists who are trained to send out Lost Pet Alerts and guide you through the process of searching for your pet.
- Rapid Lost Pet Alerts
- Dedicated Recovery Specialists send rapid Lost Pet Alerts to the HomeAgain Pet Recovery Network of volunteer veterinarians, shelters and PetRescuers in the area where your pet went missing. Pet parents can also create a Lost Pet Poster on the website to begin their search promptly.
- Emergency Medical Hotline
- Your pet’s protected even when he’s by your side! When a pet emergency strikes, HomeAgain members have access to a 24-hour hotline staffed with licensed ASPCA veterinarians. Call for potentially life-saving advice when you need it most.
- Travel Assistance for Found Pets
- For lost pets found 500 miles or more from home, a HomeAgain membership covers $500 in pet airfare to fly your cat or dog back home.
Pet Microchipping in Three River, MI
Crossroads Veterinary Clinic believes microchipping is the safest, most effective method of pet recovery available, helping reunite more than 15,000 lost pets to their owners every month.